What’s your approach to serving small- and mid-size businesses?
“My approach in general is to help them accomplish their goals while minimizing their risk. People want to do stuff and it’s easy just to say, ‘You can’t do that,’ but it’s tougher coming up with solutions to problems. I want to be respectful of their money and their time and give them the maximum result for the minimum cost.”
As a former small-business owner, Seth Albin is familiar with the needs of his clients.
His background as a solo practitioner informs his advice to his clients and equips him to serve as a special master and receiver in civil cases.
Seth focuses his practice on bankruptcy, creditor’s rights, family law, enforcement and collection of judgments, secured transactions, arbitration, litigation, and municipal law.
He counsels individuals and businesses experiencing financial difficulties, as well as businesses that are being sued or suing others to repossess their property. He is experienced in overseeing repossessions of assets ranging from aircraft to car dealerships and in completing commercial loan workouts.
In his family law practice, he represents clients in all aspects of divorce and adoption, including child custody, child support, maintenance, spousal support, and modifications. He has also served as a guardian ad litem in domestic cases and volunteers for the St. Louis County Domestic Violence Court as a special prosecutor.
Seth’s legal experience runs the gamut from solo, small, and large firm practice to in-house and government work. He offers his clients big-firm experience and advice at a small-firm price.
He is skilled at bringing a practical perspective to the work – not just a legal one.Show More
- Washington University School of Law (J.D. 1997)
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (B.A. 1994)
- Missouri, 1997
- Illinois, 1998
- Western District of Missouri
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Central District of Illinois
- Northern District of Missouri
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section
- Illinois Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis – President (2015-2016)
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- St. Charles County Bar
- Phelps County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2012 “Rising Star.”
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2015 – 2020
Community & Civic Involvement
Over the years, Seth has served on boards and committees of numerous not-for-profit organizations, including Jewish Family and Children’s Services, Congregation B’nai Amoona, the Jewish Community Center and Washington University. Seth is a member of the Rolla Chamber of Commerce and the St. Louis Curling Club where he serves on the building committee.
- Handling Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 – American Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Conference
- Commercial Real Estate Purchases (Arbitration Clauses) – The Seminar Group
- Judgment Enforcement in Missouri, Lorman Educational Services, Bankruptcy Issues in Complex Commercial Cases – National Judicial College
- Bankruptcy Issues in Commercial Cases – Missouri Trial Judge Education Committee
- Bankruptcy Issues for General Practitioner – Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Name Changes and Adoption – Missouri Bar
- Bankruptcy and Family Law – Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Chapter 4 –, Discharge and Dischargeability (Co-Author), Missouri Bar Deskbook – Bankruptcy Practice, Second Edition (Dec 2007), Supplement (May 2010)