David Sosne represents individuals and corporate entities that have a need for counsel to assist in the resolution of various financial problems. In particular, he represents creditors, debtors and purchasers in situations requiring workouts, restructuring of finances and debt, loan repayments, and sales or liquidations, whether through out-of-court negotiations or proceedings, or, if necessary, through more formal settings. Over the years, David has gained substantial experience in handling complex and varied matters in bankruptcy court as well as in state court proceedings, whether in Missouri or in Illinois. Such service includes assisting all types of creditors, debtors and purchasers in all phases of chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases. David also provides substantial representation in receivership cases, serving as a receiver, attorney for a receiver or a party in interest in various receivership proceedings.
David’s goal is to obtain a cost effective, pragmatic and realistic resolution of highly complicated matters without the need for court intervention; however, he, along with the other professionals of the firm, will utilize other legal options in the best representation of the client. As a Panel Member of Chapter 7 Trustees in the Eastern and Northern Divisions of the Eastern District of Missouri for more than twenty years, David has had the opportunity to address and deal with almost all types of controversies and problems that individuals, corporate entities and financial institutions face when financial problems arise. This varied experience has been invaluable in helping the firm’s varied clientele. He also has served as an Examiner and as an attorney for Examiner in chapter 11 cases. Additionally, he is a member of the firm’s management committee.Show More
- Washington University (J.D., 1977)
- Lake Forest College (B.A., 1973)
- Missouri, 1977
- Illinois, 1978
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Western District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
- Eighth Circuit of the Court Appeals
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Rule 17 Mediator
Community & Civic Involvement
- David regularly volunteers with Ready Readers, a St. Louis nonprofit organization, by reading to pre-school children in a Head Start Program
Awards & Recognition
- Missouri Super Lawyer, 2010-2021
- Recipient 2011 Judge Brauer Innovations in Bankruptcy Law Award
- St. Louis Lawyer of the Year, 2022, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Awarded by the Best Lawyers in America
- David has participated in numerous speaking engagements, speaking on such varied topics as receivership law and all aspects of bankruptcy law. He will be presenting and speaking at the upcoming American Bankruptcy Institute Seminar in St. Louis in early 2022.
- Among his ongoing representations, David is presently co-counsel for the Debtors in chapter 11 cases for franchisees of approximately 70 Jack in the Box restaurants and is serving as the Court Appointed Receiver in St. Louis County for two corporate entities. He recently represented numerous creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of Briggs & Stratton Corporation and Payless Shoesource.