Bridget L. Halquist
Bridget Halquist concentrates her practice on business litigation, contracts, and employment law, representing clients in a wide variety of commercial and workplace disputes.
She has successfully counseled clients and litigated matters such as tortious interference with a contract or business expectancy, trade secret misappropriation, whistleblowing, employment contract and severance negotiations, and claims under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws.
Bridget earned her law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law, where she was the winner of the law school’s 1998 Moot Court Competition. She was also a recipient of the Judge Robert G. Dowd, Sr. Appellate Advocacy Award and a member of the National Moot Court Team.
For four years, Bridget served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Henry Edward Autrey, U.S. District Court Judge in the Eastern District of Missouri. Following her clerkship, Bridget dedicated her practice to civil litigation and employment law and has since written several articles for the Missouri Employment Law Letter, a publication committed to helping its readers understand new employment laws, regulations, and court decisions.
In 2014, the Missouri Supreme Court appointed Bridget to serve as a bar exam grader for the Missouri Board of Law Examiners, where she continues to serve today.Show More
- Wilmington College (B.A., 1992, summa cum laude)
- Chaminade University (M.S., 1995)
- St. Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Missouri, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Author, “Individual Liability for Supervisors under the MHRA” Missouri Employment Law Letter, December 2006
- Author, “Eighth Circuit Rejects Employee’s Claim of Hostile Environment” Missouri Employment Law Letter, December 2006
- Author, “Employee’s Inability to Use Arm Not a ‘Disability’ Under the ADA” Missouri Employment Law Letter, February 2007
- Author, “Excluding Contraceptives from Health Care Plan Does Not Violate PDA” Missouri Employment Law Letter, May 2007
- Author, “Eighth Circuit Rejects Employee’s Claim of Verbal Abuse by Supervisor” Missouri Employment Law Letter, July 2008
- Speaker, Employment Law Panel Discussion Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, March 2010
- Speaker, Evaluating and Valuing Employment Litigation Cases Missouri Bar Employment Litigation Seminar, St. Louis, Missouri, June 2012
- Speaker, Employment Law for the Non-Employment Practice Missouri Bar Solo & Small Firm Conference, Branson, Missouri, June 2013
- Speaker, Exceptions to the Employment At-Will Doctrine Missouri Bar Solo & Small Firm Conference, Branson, Missouri, June 2014